Update: see previous post – April 30, 2011 Bixi – Toronto (Arriving Soon)
The launch of BIXI Toronto will take place tomorrow on May 3, 2011, with 1,000 bikes and 80 stations BIXI 1500 docking points (within 300 metres of each other) around Toronto’s downtown core. Bixie Toronto is the first bike-sharing system in Canada to carry the same name as the Montreal system, BIXI.
Bixi said it would only come to Toronto if it was first able to sell a 1000 yearly memberships at $95.00 a year and it happened.
To subscribe, follow the progress of the project or for more information about BIXI Toronto visit www.toronto.bixi.com.
- 1_ How to get rolling with BIXI?
- 2_ Go to the pay station
- 3_ Follow the instructions
- 4_ Pay with a VISA, MasterCard, or AMEX credit card
- 5_ Take your unlocking code
- 6_ Choose a bike
- 7_ Enter the code on the keypad
- 8_ You are a subscriber? It’s faster with a BIXI key!
- 9_ Wait for the green light to go on, remove the bike and you’re on your way.
- 10_ First 30 minutes are included on each trip for casual users (24-hour or 72-hour access).
- 12_ Push the front wheel firmly into an open bike dock
- 13_ Make sure that the green light goes on to ensure the bike is securely locked in place.